.jpg)
Miss Vivian is almost 6 weeks old! We are enjoying her more and more each day and love seeing her take interest in our world!
Since we’ve been together, I learned a few truths…
1. Babies know when you’re wearing cashmere or do not have burp rag on your shoulder! They acknowledge this by lots of spit-up!
2. Equally, babies know when they are dressed in a new expensive outfit. They will show you how they like it by having a poo explosion or producing lots of spit-up!
3. It is 3am and you’ve just put baby in a new clean diaper, she will thank you by quickly soiling it again within the first 5 minutes of wearing it!
4. Your baby also knows when you’re bragging…so don’t boast! I took Vivian out to a girl's dinner on Friday night. I had nursed her and she was comfy & cozy in her carseat for the first 40 minutes of the dinner. Suddenly she woke up and became a little upset and fussy! I was bragging to my friends that I had mastered the Harvey Karp “Happiest Baby on the Block” techniques and could calm Viv quickly…she decided to show me! She wasn’t having it! We spent the rest of dinner in the ladies restroom.
A lie…
1. Many new parents told me newborn diapers don’t smell! This is a lie! While they are certainly not clearing a room with their BM’s at this point, they can be stinky! So you learn to change them in hurry and to continually empty the diaper pail!
No comments:
Post a Comment