Monday, April 26, 2010

Tacos and Burritos...




I just had my wonderful older sister, niece, and mom visiting us for the first annual “girl’s weekend” with Miss Vivian.
It was a great weekend – filled with wild animals (a visit to the zoo), yummy food & desserts (we feed Olivia pizza for every meal & cupcakes), history (titanic exhibit), movies (Olivia was able to indulge in some on-demand movies on the TV) and laughter (Olivia statements and old photos of my terrible youth haircuts).

The highlight of my weekend was my niece Olivia, she cracked us up all weekend… Olivia received her first “big girl” hair cut this weekend…where she was received a shampoo and blow out! No more spray bottle wet downs for this girl, she will now return to home demanding better service from her hair dresser!

I also introduced Olivia to breast feeding, the first time she saw me bring Vivian to my chest, she said “Aunt Dish, What are you doing to her?!!” We explained milk production and told her she was fed this way too. I think she was still shocked my body produces milk…I am in the same shock some days!

Olivia did not care for helping change her little cousin’s smelly diapers (can’t really blame her) but she was fascinated with my swaddling! I referred to it as a “baby burrito” as I demonstrated how I swaddle Vivian for bed.
The next day, Vivian was swaddle for a nap and started crying as she woke up! Olivia jumped up and said “Aunt Dish, get her out of the Taco!!”
We laughed so hard and Olivia’s responded by saying “Well, Burritos and Tacos look the same to me!”

No comments:

Post a Comment